Marine Notice 3-2018
SHIP MASTERS & SHIP OWNERS – PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES DURING THE APPROACH OF SEVERE TROPICAL CYCLONE GITA
13 February 2018
- All Ship Masters, Ship Owners & Ship Agents for foreign & local ships, Pilots, Port Management Companies/Operators, Marinas and Yacht Clubs are advised of the approach of Severe Tropical Cyclone Gita.
- Severe Tropical Cyclone Gita Centre 930hpa Category 4 was located near 21.3 South 177.7 West or about 130 kilometres east-southeast of Ono-i-Lau and 500 kilometres east-southeast of Kadavu at 0900 hours this morning. The system is moving west at about 25 km/h.
- Small boat owners are advised to take necessary precautionary measures to ensure their vessels are safe.
- Marine Clearance in the Central and Eastern Division for all ships are to cease with immediate effect until further notice except for emergency evacuation runs as required.
- Ship owners of larger ships must provide all necessary support to masters of their ships and exercise good judgement to ensure the vessels are kept safe during the passing of the cyclone.
Download the PDF here: marine-notice-3-2018-tc-gita